Friday, December 7, 2007

Jack Pyrah Invitational Pre Race

I,ve got half an hour or so b4 I head out the door to Haverford College to take part in the Jack Pyrah Invitational,my 08 season opener,several thoughts are running rampant some of which I hope to address when the gun goes off at 7.55pm.
As it stands right now I,m seeded 8th fastest in a field of 15,on paper an 8th place finish or higher would be a moral victory as I take on college guys half my age who weren,t even born when I began my career 31 years ago.
Four Villanova runners occupy the top 4 seedings w/ times of 4.12, 4.12,4.16,4.19,followed by three Haverford runners w/ times of 4.27,4.28,4.29,if I tuck in behind those guys I could get pulled to a new pr ahead of my Hartshorne Memorial Masters time of 4.29.12,however in what is very much a one off race I think I,m going to try and hang w/ the four Villanova guys and see how well I can fare at running above my comfort zone,it could result in a spectacular crash and burn,or could pave the way for me to get even faster than I,ve already ran.
As the clock ticks down I need to began to psych myself up,never has a season opening race hels such intrigue for me

No comments: