Friday, February 8, 2008

Easy Tiger

I guess the fact that post run I came home,showered,made dinner and crashed out by 8.30pm speaks volumes as to how tired I was,not only have I been trying to contend w/ a return to training but also a return to work this week.
After yesterdays aborted track workout thanks to Tuesdays 23 minutes of madness I knew today was the old "less is more" mindset,something as runners we seem to have a problem w/,I don,t think I,m the only athlete afflicted w/ this.Anyway swoping stop watch for ipod I headed over to Clark Park to conduct an easy 6 laps around.
It should be pointed out at this point in time my ipod does have a stop watch mode in it,s settings but I,d given my word that today would be a recovery run....RECOVERY RUN,yes the devil is in the details,besides even if I,d wanted to run faster I don,t think I could,ve as my thighs were feeling the effects of Tuesday.That said I wasn,t sure I could trust myself to play something from the more angst fueled collection of songs off my ipod so I skiped over the likes of Korn,House Of Pain,Linkin Park,Limp Bizkit in favour of something more relaxed and mellow,eventually plumping for the relaxing sounds of Concrete Blonde to keep me company.
I did for a split second consider hitting the shuffle button and seeing what would come up but knowing my luck one of my battle anthems like "Fuel" by Metallica,"The Prayer" by Bloc Party or "Gimme The Prize" by Queen would,ve come on and I,m not sure I could have resited the urge to crank it up a tad,it,s a bit like that old Calvin And Hobbes comic strip where Calvin goads Hobbes to the point where Hobbes launches into a fully fledged attack upon him,the final frame of the strip sees Calvin somewhat dazed and confused from his mauling citing"You can train Tigers but they never lose their natural instinct to attack"and that,s me.
I,ve said time and time again I don,t know what it is to run slow it just seems alien to me but I also know that there are times when for the greater good it has to be done so I shuffled around Clark Park to the relaxing vibe of Concrete Blonde and by runs end felt much the better for it.
Hopefully today puts me back on schedule,tomorrows workout is still to be determined b4 a duel workoutout on Saturday to have me back on pace.

No comments: