Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Bad Day At The Office

The Lord giveth,and the Lord taketh away,after an encouraging 4.47.01 mile at The Armory last nite I went into Saturday lunch times 800m at the Mid Atlantic C,ships at Ursinus hopeful of more improvement,2 weeks ago my back to back mile/800m in Landover and Toms River yeiled times of 4.59/2.13,having taken a 12 second chunk out of that 4.59 last nite in New York I just wanted to see some improvement on Toms River,s 2.13,not a lot to ask right..............????!!!!
Hindsight they say is a wonderful thing,so,s good officiating....both were AWOL today,it,s seldom I blast the officials but today I felt they let me down twice,how do you run the womens races per event first all event long untill the 800m and then announce the mens 800m 1st heat on the track,w/out warning,you can call it sour grapes if you like but I wasn,t the only runner still in sweats/warm ups when our race was called.
Once again I was boxed out at the start and I need to get a little feistier on the starting line,by the time I shook myself clear of the pretenders, the contenders,Kyle,Pat and Scott were long gone,I had hoped to be the caboose to that engine,instead in an increasingly frustrating sense of dejavu I was in no mans land,4th in .....2.13,to quote a Bryan Adams song"Do I Have To Say The Words"
At the risk of coming off like a smacked behind I don,t want to sit here and reel off a list of the things that went against a good race/fast time today it,s a bit like when I used to play soccer on Sundays back in the day,on the days we won it didn,t matter how often the full back kicked lumps out of me,the missed/ blown calls by the ref,the missed chances....but lose and all those things mount up.
One step forward last nite,two steps back today,w/ no more races now b4 Nationals I,ve got to put all my faith and trust in my last two weeks of training begining Monday,once the send button gets pressed on this this race will be consigned to the record books w/out reference or second thought and I,ll leave it to Kate Voegele to put things in prespective:
"Don,t look away,don,t run away,hey baby it,s only life,don,t lose your faith,don,t run away,baby it,s only life"

No comments: