Monday, August 25, 2008

Two Parts Motorhead,One Part Status Quo

Life after the Olympics began w/ an easy 5 miler as I prepare for tomorrow,s traditional end of season Wishahickon Wanderers track meet at Roxboro.
Having had an outdoor season beyond my wildest dreams it would be nice to finish it off w/ a fast time in the mile tomorrow evening and if I can win the race also it,d continue my winning record at this meet.
In 05 I won an epic 5,000m race,my first track victory in 26 years and prehaps the spark that lit the flame for me to return to my first love in running,track.
06 fresh off of Nationals where I,d made up my mind that running track was where my heart lay I won the mile b4 last year adding the 800m to my tally,w/ Belmont hill repeats on tap for Wednesday it,s a case of one and done manana,by the time I do a mile warm up,run the race and throw in a 3 mile cool down I,ll have 5 miles for the nite which is enough heading into 4x Nursery the following evening.
Should time permit when I return home I,ll blog the race.

No comments: