Friday, October 10, 2008

Heavy Words So Lightly Thrown

You can thank or blame Morrissey for that line,it,s from The Smiths song "What Difference Does It Make",ironic really given that it,s"GFO"time{game face on}ergo a healthy/unhealthy dose of the 3 Ms,Motorhead,Maiden,Metallica.........I also crank up some Zakk Wylde/Black Label Society but I couldn,t work an M into that...............well I could............but my mother reads this blog so let,s not go there shall we.............
All quiet all the western front today,can probably thank Yom Kippur for that,having put in all the hard work this week w/ training it,s also important that the "outside the lines" stuff,relaxation,nutrition,hydration,relaxation are also taken care of in a week that saw my heckles raised both personally and professionally it,s important to put all that behind me now and focus on Sundays race.
A nice easy 5 miler this evening,followed by dinner and an evening at the TLA to check out Grace Potter And The Nocturnals,I saw them twice last year and they rocked so I,m confident of more of the same this evening as I look to get my weekend off to a rip roaring start.
So I,ve opened w/ The Smiths and Closed w/ Grace Potter,the calm music has taken the edge off but just like I proved yesterday when the dock plate went into orbit,I haven,t gone 100% soft as the "Dark Surt" "Savage Celtic Black Hearted Pagan'' in me slowly starts revving up,as is my won,t a little 13th century "Prose Edda" to keep things ticking over.............
Surtur from the south wielding fire,the gods sword shine in the darkness,like stars in the night.
Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall.
Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two"
Snorri Sturluson

No comments: