Monday, November 10, 2008

A Long Week Just Got Longer

After last weeks short week it was ultra important that I kicked off this week on the right foot by getting my easy 5 miler under my belt right off the bat.
Aside from the physical desire to get the run in it was of mental and emotional value also,w/out divulging too much personal information my coworker,wingman,emotional/moral compass and best friend Chris had to have brain surgery this morning to remove a cancerous tumor that was found in his skull over the weekend,he,s fine,surgery was successful,he,s recovering in ICU for the next few days and should be on the mend in the near future,for those of you so inclined please say a prayer for both Chris and his family tonite and tomorrow.
W/out Chris around my workload just doubled,shit happens,Chris,s general well being is far more important but obviously a physically demanding job just got a lot tougher period but also in a week I,m scheduled to run 6x600m,2x1,000m and 4x1mile repeats it,s going to be a factor,just how much remains to be seen.
Get Well Soon Chris

No comments: