Sunday, February 1, 2009

Begining The Month As I Mean To Go On.

Eitherside of Millrose I was able to bookend two 3 milers,Thursday was sheer unbridaled joy at finally getting out to run,it also served as a recon mission to check the state of my Cobbs Creek cinder track,frankly if not surprizingly it resembled a speed skating rink more than a track,more Eric Hiden that Eamonn Coghlan me thought!!
Yesterday dispite sub zero temps I hit it again,my legs were a little sore from my cramped Millrose seats plus no thanks to Direct TV{YOU SUCK!!!! I,m switching to Comcast!!!}I had some pent up frustration to unleash,unlike Thursday only half the track was now covered in ice,but frankly 200m repeats ain,t getting the job done for moi,so..........a second three miler ensued.
Today saw more of the great thaw out continue but the home straight and top bend are still covered in ice,I threw in a four miler today to log a whopping ten miles for the week,but that,s eight more than last week so there!!!
For the S&G factor I timed my final mile on the track,more to get my brain and body used to faster workouts in the days weeks ahead,I went 1.46,1.38,1.49,1.23 to clock a 6.33.12 final mile,granted that,s not gonna give my opponents much in the way of sleepless nites but it was heartning to crank up the pace on a track in a non race for the first time since Jan 2nd.
W/ temps continuing to rise tomorrow I expect to be back,a five miler is the best I can aim for,I,d be surprized if the I,m able to conduct repeats on there b4 next weekend but that said all in good time after so much lost time in January I,m happy to be out running again.

No comments: