Thursday, March 19, 2009

Back To The Old House

A chance to kill two birds w/ one stone,a final repeat and at my beloved Franklin Field for the first time since November 7th.
The repeat it's self was 3x150mx3,basically a chance to work on leg turn over,the plan was to go out 25,24,23 in set 1,23,22,21, in set 2 and 21,20,19 in the final set.....like I said that was the plan at least!
I opened w/ a 21.38.so much for opening in 25!!!I can say w/ hand on heart I didn,t set out to go gangbusters right off the bat,I was trying to run controled it was controled alright,just fast!
20.90. and 20.73. to round out set 1.
My recoveries were a 150m jog back to the start after #1 and #2 and a 250m jog after #3.
22.02. to open,my slowest split of the session,I was trying to remind myself this repeat workout was fundamentally about form and not speed,that said the will to run fast always kicks in and set 2 ended w/ splits of 20.70. and 20.54.
Final set,21.11.21.52,19.67.you just knew I,d go for the big finish!!!
Post mile cool down,the other reason for coming to Franklin Field came into play.GP was keen for me do a speed workout on a faster track than the "Top Cat Bowl" so he suggested Franklin Field,when I mentioned always coming to Franklin Field b4 Nationals and kissing the plaques of Jumbo Elliot,Ronnie Delaney,Marcus O Sullivan and Eamonn Coghlan for good luck it was agreed
I,d come here tonite,workout and perform my ritual.
Job done,one more pre Nationals run tomorrow and then it,s off to Landover.
"You made me cold,you made me hard and you made me the thief of your heart
Winter is cold,but you,re colder still and for the first time I feel like you,re mine,I,ll share you w/ the one who will mend what falls apart and turn a blind eye to the thief of your heart"
"Thief Of Your Heart"
Sinead O Connor

No comments: