Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Declaration/Marchin' On


"Take this song of freedom,put it on and arm yourself for the fight,our hearts must have the courage to keep on marchin' on and on
There's a young boy standing,staring at the world,you know he can't control his anger you can see it in his eyes,he's gonna smash the windows,he's gonna tear down the walls hey mister you don't understand it take a look at it through my eyes.
These are the kids they're powerless,so you tell them so,these are the kids they're powerful,don't say you haven't been told and we'll go marchin'on hear our sound hear our voice we're growing stronger,we're not alone and we're keeping on we're marchin' on"
Declaration/Marchin' On-The Alarm
If I had a dollar for every time I've sung "Marchin' On" since I first heard it 27 years ago when I first saw The Alarm I'd have a nice pile of cash tucked away by now.
Back in 83 when I was 19/20 I was"the young boy standing,staring at the world" 27 years later at almost 47 I do want to"smash the windows and tear down the walls" where work is concerned.
It was brought to my attention today that "when you're not here the skids don't get taken down to the storeroom".......................oh really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So why am I getting taken for a mug by the powers that be at work,and what you ask does this have to do w/ my running,well I'm getting to that.
Since last Wednesday the aggravation factor at work has gone through the roof and lo and behold since Friday evening I've been suffering intestinal issues to the point where I haven't ran this week,coincidence????
Granted a few days off won't hurt me,runners seldom conform to the "less is more"mindset and w/ my season winding down it might not be the worst thing in the world to ease up a little rather than run myself into the ground.
Of course the catch 22 in all this is when work gets that frustrating a run usually helps defuse all that anger and angst but the last two days my intestinal fortitude has dictated that running wasn't an option,more's the pity as work well and truly did a number on me today.
We'll see what tomorrow brings re work and getting out and running,if it were up to me work would get blown off but I have responsibilities......who'll take the goddamn skids down in the morning if I don't show up???

No comments: