Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Shifting Gears

I've had this shot of David Rudisha since he broke and re broke the 800m world record last summer but never had the time to use it....till now!
Tomorrow nite I run not only my first indoor 800m of the season but my first 800m since Nationals last summer in Sacramento{technically I ran an 800m at the Track Pentathlon a few weeks later but it was the 2nd race of a 5 race event so Nationals was my last meaningful 800m}
W/ no speed work under my belt since Dec 24th perhaps the 800m isn't the right race now but at some point in time I have to go for an 800m so why not tomorrow,another mile seems pointless having ran one Saturday, a 1,500m would've worked and to be honest the 2 miles probably is more "up my alley" off of all my distance work of late,but fortune favours the brave so they say so let's have at it over 4 laps and see where I'm at right now b4 the serious 800s begin in April......it'll hurt that's for sure but it's just over 2 mins....I think I can deal...tune in tomorrow to see if I'm still singing from the same hymn sheet!!

No comments: