Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hard Night,Easy 10 Miler

The Sunday long run no matter what it's distance should always be ran at a comfortable, easy,dare I say it "Burdettesque" pace...when you've gotten home at 3.40am after a 12 hour round trip to see a concert in New York City{Beat and Squeeze....more details to follow!} and gotten to bed at 4am only to wake up at 9am b4 heading out an hour later,trust me the pace is going to be comfortable!!!

Nice easy 10 miler to round out my weekly mpw to 40 and the end of a good week,a good set of Russian Intervals on Tuesday,48 second improvement on Thursdays tempo 8 miler and yesterdays 6/6 6x600m at sub 1.50.
I was very pleased w/ yesterdays performance,conditions were milder tham last Saturday which helped but as each repeat session and for that matter each tempo run comes I feel I grow in confidence and beliefe that I'm getting closer to being in 800m shape come the outdoor season.

W/ near consistant splits I was able to dig deep over the final two 600s when the wind and fatigue picked up,when I saw 75 for the final 400m split I knew I had to run the shit out of the final 200m in order to preserve my first 6/6 this season,after 5 consecutive 35 second closing 200s I managed a 34 to notch a 1.49.2. to allow me a moral victory and also move forward next week w/ the aim of trying to keep all six 600s at a 1.47/1.48 pace....all in good time

No comments: