Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Maybe The Last Time I Don't Know

Following a two week hiatus from my weekly schleep across the city it was back to "Tuesdays At Roxborough" for 6x600m repeats.......possibily for the last time this summer.......
Next week begins my Outdoor season w/ back to back races at Icahn Stadium on Thursday May 29th and the following week on June 5th which obviously rules out a Tuesday repeat session and then the following Tuesday June 10th the Tuesday Nite Speed Series also at Icahn Stadium kicks off which rules out June 10th,24th July8th and 22nd,now factor in the July 1st meet at Germantown and leaving for Greensboro and Nationals on July 16th I have no need to be at Roxborough on July 15th.......this leaves June 17th as my only open Tuesday between now and July 29th and frankly by then I'm hoping the track at Geasey Field on Temple's campus will be available......and frankly post repeat I won't be in any hurry to return to "Chav Central"..........

I arrived at Roxborough by 4.30pm there were a few walkers.....thankfully using the outside lanes and a couple of fellow runners,the omens were good and following a rigerious stretch of the groin I undertook my mile warm up b4 taking on 6x600m repeats,last time out on Aprill 22nd I went:1.48.1 1.50.1 1.49.7 1.52.4 1.51.4 1.51.4 I'd have to be at my best this afternoon to equal/better those marks.........

#1 600m
1.12-36=1.48.6
A solid start,I always feel as close to 1.15-35=1.50 I can run the better this was reasonably close to that and a good way to kick off the session

#2 600m
1.14-35=1.49.5
So far so good,how long could I hold onto this pace???

#3 600m
1.11-37=1.48.3
No thanks to "Nimrod & Nimrod" I had to swing wide into lane 2 after 50m of the top turn which probably lead to the 1.11 opening 400m,the question was would that come back to haunt me over the final three 600s?

#4 600m
1.16-37=1.53.5
I knew I was in trouble when I saw 1.16 at 400m,w/out checking my pervious set of 6x600s b4 hand I was only 1 second up on my overall plus/minus and I had a pair of 1.51.4 600s to close then....the writing was on the wall.

#5 600m
1.17-39=1.56.3
CLANG!!!!! The sound of the wheels coming off plus 1 to minus 4 in 600m

#6 600m
1.18-36=1.55.3
I knew I was toast and wasn't surprised to see 1.18 at 400m b4 dredging up a closing 36 second 200m

Negative 8 seconds for the session which is always disappointing but even more so as one of the by products of my upcoming race schedule is a lack of 6x600m opportunities I think I have two more scheduled unless I switch somethings up.
As for coming back to Roxborough on June 17th IF Temple is an option then Temple it is,it's not the commute to and from there that hacks me off but the  fucked up attitude I always seem to suffer here,granted any track is going to present it's share of logistical issues but Roxborough seems to be the epicenter of "Fuck You" each year since 05 maybe 06 when I've come out here to do repeats there hasn't been a year where someone didn't fuck me over w/ their blatant disregard for other people using the track.

Case in point today,while I wholeheartedly commend Mrs Bitchcuntwhore for using lane 6 to walk in she allows her daughter Lil Bitchcuntwore to not only ride her bike on the track but then PARK it in lane 1 while me and a few other runners were using the track........what the fuck bitch??????
Not once as I wizzed by he shifting to lane 2 did I hear tell her daughter to move the bike or get out of lane 1 at one point as she was running back to the bike from an outer lane I braced myself for impact as i was sure I was going to clatter into and you just know who'd have been the "villian of the peace" if that had happened......and this is why I won't be sorry if my yearly pilgrimage to Roxborough is done for another year

No comments: