Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Same Old Scene

So w/ the dust settling on Pope Francis's historic visit to the "City Of Brotherly Love & Sisterly Affection" things are getting back to normal...or for whatever passes as normal!!!
Having been given the day off due to the disruption of Mass Transit I was tempted to knock out my 10 miler right off the bat just to get it out of the way......but as the say goes "the spirit was willing but the flesh was weak!!!"
Off a semi late nite Friday I was up at at a semi reasonable time to handle my 14 miler Saturday,off a late nite on Saturday I was up at a reasonable time to handle my 9 miler Sunday but off a late nite Sunday I wasn't feeling a 9 or 10 miler when I first awoke let me tell ya!!!

At one point yesterday not running at all was an option as I thought it would make for a nice change of pace to have a "day off" that also applied to training.......but by lunchtime I got my second wind and decided I'd take care of business over 10 miles.
The fact I was back to a distance I'm used to on a route{out and back along the Schuylkill Banks/Kelly Dr} that I run more often than not and at a time of day {4.30pm} I'm used to running all lent considerable weight to the beliefe that "things had returned to normal"

Conditions were delightfully warm for the end of September and I worked up a good sweat out there as was evident from the state of my bandann and dri fit sleeveless shirt by the time I finished my run just after 6pm.
Maybe the fact I was back to a distance I consider my "bread and butter" at 10 miles lent to the feeling it was an easy run,maybe two weeks of 55 mile weeks have gotten me tougher and stronger,maybe not having to get up at 5am and working my knackers off all day on the dock helped me yesterday to feel I've turned a corner in training......today could be a different story but I guess we'll find out this aftrnoon won't we?

No comments: