Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Once More W/ Feeling

Another 5 day/50mpw......and final one as this week sees the time honoured taper going into effect as Nationals are just over two weeks away

Monday 12 Miles
I was fully aware this week that once Thursday was in the books there'd be no 12 milers on my docket till the end of March as I prep for the "Triple Crown" Allstate 15k,Big Sur Marathon Relay and Broad St.
Highlight of the run.....home and hosed b4 6pm....in daylight,it's been coming and w/ the advent of shorter runs the next few weeks and  the clocks going forward soon I'm probably done my runs in the dark

Tuesday 12 Miles
As is my won't w/ back to back runs a change of  venue,Powelton Ave and West River Dr,other than my 8 mile tempo runs I guess I won't see much of West River Dr for a while,seemingly the "poor relation" to Kelly Dr I've grown to be fond of the "isolation" along West River a time and place to think about the challenges ahead

Thursday 12 Miles
Mercifully a rest day inbetween 12 milers this week,that said at this stage of my build up to Nationals back to back to back 12s are easier then they would've been in mid/late December
After warmer temps Monday & Tuesday Thursday was a reminder that we are still in Winter and the heavier long sleeve running shirt was under my half zip jacket along w/ the hat and gloves today,I've worked too long and too hard to play fast and loose w/ the weather now at the business end of my preparation for Nationals

Saturday Repeats
A slightly later start than I'm used to, a 7.30am Spurs game stuck a fork in my 8am rendezvous w/ Haverford but w/ hindsight prehaps a blessing as it was a tad feckin ber again first thing in the morning,at least by lunchtime things had warmed up as I tackled my repeats

Mile
1.28-1.34-1.34-1.26=6.02.5
Another "so so" opening mile,yes 4 seconds up on last week but still not sub 6 like weeks 2 & 3

1,200m
1.27-1.31-1.25=4.23.3
Glass half empty that 1.31 second lap....glass half full  7 seconds quicker than last week......

1,000m
1.25-1.28-40=3.33.8
My second fastest 1,000m this season,while my opening mile time still rankles w/ me the trend of getting quicker 400s per shorter repeat is pleasing.....since I'm not Barbie I guess I can't have everything!!

800m
1.24-1.21=2.45.6
I knew heading into the two lapper that in recent weeks I've managed negative splits so opening in a lively 1.24 I wondered if that trend would continue....81 seconds later I got my answer w/ another negative split and seasons best 800m repeat

600m
1.29-39=2.00.3
Another slower opening lap than I'd have liked but still another seasons best time,is a sub 2.00 600m on the cards b4 Baton Rouge?

4x400m
1.18.0-1.13.8-1.14.8-1.13.4
Where do I begin to unpack this....
Thought I'd "shat the bed" on that second quarter only to rebound w/ only  a second slower on #3 and then drop another 1.13.4 on the finale which is my fastest 400m time this season

Sunday 8 Mile Tempo Run
Another glorious afternoon to out running around the Art Museum Loop
Time:56.05.6 off 7.01 mile pace
Splits:6.43-6.45-6.49-7.01-7.10-7.07-7.27-7.02
GER!!!!
Only 8 seconds off of last weeks time but that soddin' 7.27 split on mile 7 fecked it all up, as each mile/split clipped off I believed I was going to improve on the previous weeks 55.57.7 only to finish in front of the Art Museum steps and see 56.05.6....and then check my splits to see that mile 7 was my undoing
Again glass half full no room for complacency going into next weeks tempo run.

No comments: