Monday, January 21, 2008

Waiting,Watching,Wondering

Still no word out of New York regarding our place in the Masters 4x400m relay at the Millrose Games but this didn,t stop us from getting together Sunday afternoon to work on handoffs and a running order.
I felt it was important to be there period but also time spent w/ my teammates tends to cascade down into a deep reservoir of desire and determination to be in the best shape I can be to take my place on the team once we get the official word it,s a done deal. Running is still a no go,I did think about taking my running shoes w/ me but opted not to temp fate plus I don,t think the guys would,ve let me run even if I had,ve.I did attempt two hands from Chuck but clearly hampered by the boot it didn,t work so I opted to call splits as Scott,Ray,Chuck and Rick attempted 20 second laps of the indoor track,believe me we were all greatful for the use of the indoor facilities period but since I had to stand and watch I was more greatful than most trust me!!!
Prior to today I had begun a work out regimen in the basement,step aerobics and ab crunches w/ the abdominal ball,30 mins on Fri,35 mins Sat,I,ll increase my time by 5 mins per day till I,m upto an hour on each,it,s the best I can do untill I can access a pool or not,I have to be in some sort of shape to anchor the relay on Feb 1st two days after the boot is retired.............of course we still have to hear from the powers that be on that..............................................................................

No comments: