Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Inspired,Side Two


So,side two of MIM,McPhisto's Ipod Mix,but b4 that a few words about Rob Sheffield's book "Love Is A Mix Tape"
I'm lovin' it,I've read seven chapters already,it's so good,I'm looking forward to reading his second book
"Talking To Girls About Duran Duran" but take my word for it "Love Is A Mix Tape" is worth checking out.
So side two of MIM
Pantera-Walk,A dangerous song as I proved the other week,definitely an attention getter,just what you want to kick off the second side of the tape.
Joy Division-Twenty Fours,I could've gone w/ anything off of their "Permanent" cd a best of collection,people don't realize there's much more to Joy Division than "Love Will Tear Us Apart" "Permanent" is one of those "all killer no filler" cds.
Cowboy Junkies-Miles From Our Home,a band who Wxpn introduced me to,"Miles" was one of those songs I heard several times over the last 5 years I've listened to them and lead me to buying a number of Cowboy Junkies cds.
Terrence Trent D'Arby-She Kissed Me,Proving there was more to TTD than his breakout debut "Introducing The Hardline" cd this track off his third cd "Symphony Or Damn" has long been a favourite of mine....not to mention a fond memory of an old girlfriend!
Ultravox-The Wild,The Beautiful & The Damned,The original Ultravox w/ John Foxx not Midge Ure,I bought "The Island Years" on cd because I only had a vinyl copy of "Slow Motion""Hiroshima Mon Amour" and "Quiet Men" and discovered this gem,just love that violin rift in the middle.
Susan Tedeschi-Talking About,Another Wxpn artist,this song has such a rockin buesy feel to it it was an obvious choice to introduce my brother to Susan Tedeschi.
Iron Maiden-Mission From Arry,A hilarious back stage conversation between Nicko,Bruce and Steve that unbeknown to Nicko was being recorded by Bruce,not a PG 13 track that's for sure.
Sisters Of Mercy-Lucretia My Reflection,Another song destined for my top 25 most played list on my ipod,I've lost count of the mornings this song has played whilst taking skids down to the storeroom,something about that crunching drum /bass beat.
Kate Voegele-Kindly Unspoken,Another "One Tree Hill" song that I loved so much I bought the cd,at a time when female singers {Lily Allen,Kate Nash} were in vogue I'm amazed Kate Voegele wasn't a bigger hit.
Zakk Wylde-Road Back Home,The softer side of rock wild man Zakk Wylde,for as full on as Black Label Society are Zakk has a softer more rock ballad side,"Road Back Home" was my 08 return to Ireland anthem.
World Party- Ship Of Fools,For every management disagreement I've had in my 30 years on the work force World Party's "Ship Of Fools" has been the ideal song for that.
Beth Orton-Dice,Technically a Finley Quaye-William Orbit song that features a Beth Orton sample but being a Beth Orton fan and a lover of her voice this is a great song.
Moody Blues- Story In Your Eyes,An oldie but a goldie,I never knew what this song was called until I heard it in an episode of "Life On Mars" and bought The Best Of cd of the Moody Blues.

No comments: