Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Moving On To The Next Phase

Much like a villian flees the scene of a crime I tried to distance myself from Saturday's race asap,I dispatched a swift 63 min 10 mile out and back along Cobbs Creek Parkway on Sunday to rack up a 50 mile week,not a bad return in a race week. And swiftly onto the next phase of training,I have{touchwood}5 weeks of uninterupted training between now and my next race and would like to see two trips per week to the track for repeats in each week as I maintain a 55 mile week average. Weather permitting and track availability pending I'd like to be on Lower Merion's track this evening for 8x1,000m repeats,my good friend Lance Elliot suggested upping my current 5x1,000m repeats to 8 so I'll give that a whirl and see how it pans out b4 returning to the track on Saturday for 14x400m w/ an 800m jog inbetween. It was brought to my attention that my 6x600m and 4x1mile repeats have been MIA for a while,I'd like to reintroduce them to the cycle also and maybe look at 20x200m also along w/ hill repeats,to quote Tom Cruise in "Top Gun"I feel the need for speed. Easy 10 miler last nite to kick off the week,glorious conditions,for only the second time this year tshirt and shorts weather....of course it's meant to piss down w/ rain all day today so maybe rotating my warm up bottoms and long sleeve running shirts to the back of the closet will have to be put on hold for just a while longer,Spring much like that one great track workout keeps teasing me,I know it's out there,catching it keeps proving to be the trick.

No comments: