Thursday, January 9, 2014

Back In The New York Groove Prequel

After seven runs in the last nine days it felt strange not to be out running last nite but w/ a double header on tap tonite at the New York Armory in the rite of passage "Thursday Nite @ The Races" series it was obviously prudent to take a rest day.
Why the double header tonite you might ask? normally I only run one race but given the bus schedule back to Philly and the timetable of events at The Armory I'd be pushing it for the 9pm bus so w/ the next bus not till 11.10pm I might as well jump in the 2 mile race for a bit of strenght/speed work.

Going into any season opener there's always a sense of trepidation add in my first competitive race in 17 months,my first race since turning 50 and losing almost 2.5 weeks of training after my return from London and you can understand why it feels like "Swan Lake" in my stomach this morning.....that said I've always said "I'd be nervious if I wasn't nervious"  but I'm sure come race time as I toe the starting line I'll be ready for whatever comes down the pike this evening.........

No comments: