Tuesday, September 24, 2019

The Song Remains The Same

"Ya see I'm irish but I'm not a leprechaun you wanna fight? step up let's get it on,you'll get a right to the grill,I'm white and I'm ill, a descendent of Dublin w/ Titanic skill
I ducked and I swing next thing your jaw's broken punk I aint jokin' you can bet you'll be choking on a fistful of nuttin',meanwhile I'll be puffin on a fat blunt,what punk? you don't know the half trying to talk shit please don't make me laugh, the Irish eyes are smiling"
Top O The Morning To Ya-House Of Pain

Another week,another 5 day 55 mile week in the books.....read on McDuff........

Monday 10 Miles
I said a few entries ago I'd be shocked if I got thro the year w/out kicking the ever lovin' shite out of some chav on their bike......Monday saw not one?not two?? but three would be recipient of a good ol fashioned arse whopping.......
One of my pet peeves is cyclists who think they are immune to a red light period muchless when I have the light, this chav blows said red at Convention Ave & Spruce St nearly taking me out w/ him.....he then gets caught at the lights at Spruce and the on/off ramp of I 676.....and has the front to put his arm up on the street light to prop himself up waiting for the light to change..........BOOM!!!!
Headbutt to the forearm which solicits a "what the fuck?'' from Chav Boy....."what the fuck? what the fuck was that back at the red light cunt?'.......crickets......till some pretty boy on his bike two bikes ahead of us pipes up" dude...what's your problem????"
"What's my problem????" that cunt blowing a red light and almost taking me out that's my problem!!!" he starts smiling.......really????
"you didn't see it,it's got fuck all to do w/ you.....so keep yer mouth shut and yer nose out of my business or those pretty boy good looks of yours will be the first to go!!!!!!!"......crickets...... yeah what I thought bitch!!!???
Now I step to the arsehole who caused all this still nursing a sore arm{lucky it wasn't a sore jaw!!!} and take him to task over blowin the red light and nearly taking me out in the meantime.......
"I didn't see you".......
" Isn't that the fuckin' crux of the matter????"
''Sorry....."
"Next time open your fuckin' eyes.....and tell yer boyfriend up there keep his fuckin mouth shut.....''
Fuck me six mile later on the inbound journey at 33rd & Spruce AGAIN w/ the light in MY favour some prick on a bike blows the light and forces me to swerve to avoid him......
"open yer fuckin eyes!!!!!! it's a red light you cunt!!!!!!" ......he looks up at said red light and looks back at me..........
Oh yeah in between all this monkey shite I managed a 10 mile run.........

Wednesday 10 Miles
Taking advantage of a rare 1pm kick off for Spurs I was out the door an hour earlier than normal today
I guess the memo about red lights hadn't gone thro cos at the junction of Convention Ave & Spruce St as I patiently wait for the lights to change in my favour here comes this chav......crossed three lanes of traffic and goes thro the red light.......it's amazing how quickly I can turn on the after burners to chase a motherfucker on a bike.......he gets a torrent of abuse about being a prick,blowing a red light and how I'm kickin his his arse next time the feckin ginger prick.......
IF as a pedestrian I'm expected to observe the law regarding traffic lights then  WHY do these fuckers think the same rules don't apply to them????
Another 10 miler in the book and another day I came close to making good on a threat of beating the balls off of some chav on their bike.......that day is getting closer I'm tellin ya!!!!!

Friday 9 Miles
A rare flaunting of the Pagan Sabbath as I had the day off after Thursday nights Berlin/OMD/B 52's show at The Mann
Running mid morning out and back to Lloyd Hall on Boathouse Row along Kelly Dr I enjoyed this unusual experience of a Friday run......I could if need be get used to it but it probably won't happen that often but it's nice to know in a pinch when weekly mileage is up for grabs I can buck my conventional schedule and take care of business.......
No Cyclists were threatened on this run...................................

Saturday 8 Miles
A 7.30am Spurs kick off throws a industrial size spanner in the works as it's a  herculean effort to get up get showered and dressed and out the door by 6.40am to get to the bar for the game muchless get a run in pre game a la the traditional 10am kick offs.....
The plan was an 8 mile tempo run when I got back mid morning.......however the "best laid plans of mice and men"......and runners can often go to hell in a hand basket and it was lunchtime b4 I got home so plan b easdy 8 miler to keep me on schedule
I'm not thrilled to blow off the tempo run period but it's gotten short shift recently and again this coming week it'll " fall by the way side" due to a mid week Spurs game as I'm forced to cut my cloth accordingly to fit training around work/Spurs schedule.......however there is a mouthwatering scenario next week when I'm off work to watch the IAAF World C'ships from Doha that allows me 8 mile tempo runs Monday,Wednesday and Friday..........the schedule giveth.....the schedule taketh away but sometimes things work out

Sunday 18 Miles
So two weeks ago I said I wanted to utilize the hills on Fairmount Park & East Falls more often and while I also said I'm beatin' the shite out of the next feckin chav on a bike who pisses me off this is is a threat I've made good on.......the other one is still on the back burner..... but trust me it's coming....
A glorious ,morning to be out running,my last long run on the hills till October when conditions should still be favourable but not as inviting as they are now in late September
It's sad that exiting the East Falls hills down Fountain Green onto Kelly Dr to the flat 6 miles home,Kelly Dr has been the "road well travelled" for the past three decades and will I hope continue to be but I'm starting to think about "mixing things up around East Falls"
Yes the song remains the same.....but a few new verses never hurt

No comments: