Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Little Fine Tuning

Nice easy 8 miler out and back along Cobbs Creek Parkway just after 10am this morning to round out another 35 mile week.
Conditions were overcast when I set off and I thought shades were a bit too much,however the sun came out early on into the run and frankly I could've used them but if that was the biggest issue I've had to deal w/ today or the past seven days then I've got it pretty damn good I'd have to say.

While out on my run I committed my upcoming week to paper,I usually sit down on Sunday and write out what I want the following week to look like and while often the weeks may be written "mentally" I never commit anything to paper until the week of and even then I write them in pencil just in case I need to change anything.
Case in point the need to return to the realm of 2 visits to the track per week,I had to back off from this when it was clear something was not right w/in my system and while I've not only been able to get to the root of that problem I also feel now is the time to go all Billy Bragg and get"Back To Basics".

Starting this week and for the next four weeks w/out tampering w/ my mileage as I am officially tapering for Nationals I can get 2 workouts on the track in even if for the next two weeks it means 1 race/1 repeat I can still squeeze in 6 repeats between now and July 23rd b4 departing for Berea.
Talking of Berea and Nationals this is the week all hell will brake loose in terms of who's going to Nationals,for the past few weeks I've monitored the status of entries for my age group to get an idea of who else is going,things have been slow to say the least,as of today only 3 entries for the 5,000m and 2 for the 10,000m but w/ the 5pm deadline for entries this Friday I know this time next week that'll be a different kettle of fish altogether.

Rest day tomorrow b4 heading to New York on Tuesday for the final Tuesday Nite Speed Series at Icahn Stadium,my last race b4 Worlds and I hope a chance to improve on the two Ferritin blighted 5,000s I ran in April(16.21.1) and May(16.25.9),it will also give me an idea of what I can expect of myself in Sacramento a week from Saturday b4 Nationals three weeks later.

No comments: