Thursday, February 19, 2015

All Aboard The 2.10 To Winston Salem

After almost a month since my last race{Hartshorne Masters Mile}I'm as excited as a fat kid at a b'day party to be back on a track this evening for a race,800m at Thursday Nite @ The Races #3.
While there's an element of "last chance saloon"about tonites race given it's my last chance to post a seed time for the upcoming Winston Salem Indoor Nationals{4 weeks and counting} there's also the double whammy of not only lacing up my spikes but also running an 800m.

Last season indoors I could only manage a pair of below par times 2.16.78 and 2.14.11 I sat out the 2013 season and in 2012 I ran the mile and 3,000m indoors so you'd have to go back to the 2011 season for my last meaningful indoor 800s,2.06 and 2.10 neither of which I was thrilled about at the time as I felt they were slow.....little did I know I was debilitated w/ Anemia at the time.

Obviously tonite is important time wise as I need to submit a seed time period muchless b4 the dealine  for entries closes at midnight,I don't have to be at my sharpest tonite but w/ three of my next five races over 800m between tonite and Indoor Nationals it would be prudent to kick things off w/ a decent time/performance.
How realistic is a 2.10? hard to say splits of 32,32,33,33 would get me there.....easier said than done but that's the game plan,had I have had the chance to race over 1,000m a few weeks ago I was shooting for 2.55 pace off of 35 seconds splits,I believe I'm faster now than I was b4 the scheduled TNATR #2 on Jan 29th so we'll see,I seeded myself at 2.10 my guess is I'll wind up in heat  #3 or #4 lets hope when the gun goes off I'm ready to rip it up

No comments: