Friday, February 13, 2015

You're Twisting My Mellon Man

He's gonna step on you again,he's gonna step on you he's gonna step on you again,he's gonna step on you
You're twisting my mellon man you know you talk so hip man,you're twisting my mellon
Hey raimaker,come away from that man you know he's gonna take you away from your promised land
Hey good lady he just wants what  you got he'll never stop till he's taken the lot

Step On-Happy Mondays

What's that old adage "if it ain't one thing it's another?" allow me a little indulgence here as I Rage Against The Machine.
A few years back I can only imagine somebody a few pay grades above my station must have had a health scare,next thing you know all vending machines were removed from the hospital,the cafeteria revamped it's entire menu providing healthy choices{not a bad thing}......but it didn't stop there.....
It became hospital policy for all employess using the hospials health coverage were to undergo an annual physical.
Me being me I took exception to this,considering I train 5 days a week and watch what I eat and drink I wasn't prepared to be told I needed a physical,said act of defiance cost me $10 per pay period,$260 for the year{a few pairs of running shoes} if you like".....
BOOM! last year they jacked it up from $10 per pay cheque to $20......NOW you had my attention,I complied w/ "hospital policy" and had a Colonoscopy and said annual Physical.....next pay period still a $20 deduction....WTF? When I questioned HR I was casually informed I hadn't filled out the online Healthy Steps program connected to the required Physical......took care of that......next pay period  STILL taking $20 out of my pay cheque,when I inquired as to why I was told "it takes a pay period to get caught up".....hospital speak for "your still getting screwed"
As the year drew to a close they began beating their drum as to anybody not in compliance w/ their annual Physical and Healthy Steps program would now be looking at a $40 per pay cheque deduction......no worries for moi since I'd had said annual physical and filled out their precious Healthy Steps online survey.......right???????????????????????????????????????????????????

As is my won't on pay days I go online to cheque my pay stub,off the bat it didn't look right......I scroll down to deductions......LIVEWELL DEDUCTIONS $40................................are you fucking kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Off the bat I was in touch w/ Payroll.....who refered me to HR,I expain the situation to them who tell me they'll get back to me..........lunch time comes and goes...not a dicky bird,so I'm back emailing HR who now inform me they don't have the records of the annual Physicals/Healthy Steps they belong to Health Care Stratagies  who have not gotten back to HR.........
What a load of old bollocks!!!!!!!!,backing up this cock up of biblical preportion when I saw my doctor last year for my "mandatory" annual Physical he  said he didn't think the "hospital policy" would hold up in a court of law.....like I said a load of old bollocks and now even when I do comply to it I STILL end up out of pocket.........................................................................................................
This does have a direct effect on my running{this is afterall a running blog!} I've got three upcoming race in New York City that not only require entry fees but also bus fares....ontop of Indoor Nationals,the deadline for entries is next Friday so that's entry fees,a flight and a hotel to be paid for so FUCK YEAH  that $40 makes a difference.....

You'd have thought/hoped my 9 mile recovery run would have helped eleviate some of the anger and resentment I hold towards this........following my run and shower I went to make my dinner a hearty bowl of Spaghetti and Meatballs w/ Red Clam sauce.....after cooking the Meatballs and heating the sauce and pouring said sauce over said Meatballs I realized I hadn't cooked the Spaghetti...... still considering I'm $40 short on my pay cheque not having to buy Spaghetti again this week will save me a $1.......

No comments: