Thursday, February 26, 2015

Time Stands Still

I turn my back to the wind to catch my breath b4 I start off again driven on w/out a momet to spend to pass an evening w/ a drink and a friend
Time sand still,I'm not looking back but I want to look around me now see more of the poeple and the places that surround me now,freeze the is moment a litle bit longer make  each impression a little bit stronger.

Time Stand Still-Rush

Including yesterday I had 4 repeats and 2 races on tap between now{then since it's yesterday} and Indoor Nationals so I wanted to maximize every last one and get as much "bang for my buck" as I could starting w/ my 3x300m/3x200m.
I must've had a "brain fart" somewhere in the day to consider doing the 5x200m/4x300m/3x200m repeat now and the 3x300m/3x200m on Saturday,the only reason I did the 3x300m/3x200m on a Saturday last time out was it was considerably colder on the Saturday ergo switching to the 50 min workout,but w/ hindsight doing the longer repeat on Saturday off more rest makes sence,the beauty of a Saturday repeat is being well rested unlike on a weekday when I've not only been up since 5.10am but also putting in a full days work but such is the life of a full time working athlete!

It didn't help getting out of work half an hour later than usual but I was happy to arrive a Geasey Field at 4.12pm to find the inside lane free of snow and ice,in fairness most of the track was visable w/ a a few lanes visable minus the bottom turn which always gets the shaft as the parking lot and two storey houses on the street obscure the sunlight to help melt/thaw the snow......that is when there is sun,yesterday being the exception,I hedged my bets on Sunday looking at the 7 day forecast that Wednesday was the best/warmest day of the week to hit the track for repeats,at 37 degress not only was it above freezing but a darn sight warmer than the 25/23 degrees I ran in on Tuesday!!!

Mile warm up b4 getting into my flats and getting down to business,last time out on my debut over this repeat I went:
48.78
51.21
50.32

32.25
33.55
31.95


3x300m
47.61
49.68
50.15
Not too shabby,would have been happy w/ an average of 49/50 secs for the 300s w/ only a minute recovery inbetween.

3x200m
33.49
33.53
33.31
The three seconds I picked up on the 300s I relucantly gave back over the 200s......but not for the want of trying.

I believe as time evolves and my body becomes used to these shorter repeats w/ short recoveries I'll get to grips w/ them,while I didn't gain any time on this repeat I didn't lose any either......hence the "Time Stands Still" lyrics,Rush has been ruling the roost on Spotify this week,can't you tell!!!

No comments: