Saturday, September 16, 2017

Going For The One

A different week for yours truly,Monday & Friday runs,runs under double digits,and a 16 miler....lead on McDuff,lead on.....

Monday 8 Miles
A rare Monday run,and an even rarer run in single digits but as often w/ my madness there was method involved.
Easy 8 to kick off the week in the hopes of  Monday-Friday 62 miles w/ Sundays half Marathon rounding me out at 75 mpw
No Garmin on this run,I could run out and back to Lloyd Hall w/ my eyes closed and know it was 8 miles to begin w/ and given the longer runs to follow this needed to be a gentle pace,the fact I was practically dancing coming up the steps off the Schuylkill footpath leant an air of ease to procedure.

Tuesday 15 Miles
Not too long ago I was huffing & puffing my way through 12 miles,frankly 15 has become quote"the new normal"
Again the road well tested I opted to forgo the Garmin but it felt easy.
Highlight of the run heading up Spruce St passed Penn I spot a cluster of wannabe hoodlums ahead of me forcing a pedestrian to go around them,as she did the one nearest to her jumped at her to try and scare her.......didn't take an Ivy League grad to figure what was coming next as I passed them.......
As "cuz" jumped out at me I leaned towards him throwing a mean left hook that had him back peddling frantically....
"I'll fuck you up old man" was his best comeback as I continued up Spruce St"fuck off junior " my reply as he probably considered donating his shorts to the nearest flower bed as I can't be 100% sure....but I'm sure I smelt shit!!!!!!
Don't fuck w/ me kid less you wanna wear your arse cheeks as earings cos my foot will Kick Your Arse!!!!!!

Wednesday No Run
Fuck! Best laid plans of mice & men,an impromptu podcast post Spurs Champions League game meant it was 5.50pm when  I got home and a 2 hour 16 miler between 6-8pm a tough sell...w/ hindsight maybe I could've done 10 miles????

Thursday 16 Miles
Got my long run for the week in and how!
Out in 59.23 back in 61.37 for a 2.00.52 time
Almost picture perfect conditions at 80 degrees as I went out and back along Kelly Dr,7.5 miles at Falls Bridge and rather than hanging a left went straight for another half mile b4 turing and heading back
Upon my return from my West Coast jaunt next week may revisit this route w/ an extra mile tacked on to get my 18 miler in

Friday 8 Miles
Wow a Monday & Friday run this week!!!
Even w/ my 6 day/75mpw shot I felt it wise to get the "crap" out of my legs w/ an easy 8 on Friday b4 a rest day Saturday and then Sundays half marathon

And so it's all set up now for Sunday,and next week I can hopefully increase my long run to 17 miles

No comments: