Monday, January 6, 2020

New Year,Same Shamrock Warrior

Hola dear reader,first and foremost heartfelt apologies for the lack of blogging in the past two months........in my defense there hadn't been any real running to blog about until three weeks ago when I got off my arse and began to log the miles again.
I'm happy to report last week saw the return of the tried and tested 5 day 50 mile week so it feels as good as place as any to return to the blogisphere

Monday 12 Miles
Final run of the year{time wasn't going to afford me a run on New Years Eve sadly} so as well as a jump start on my 50mpw it also served as the final 12 miles of the 1866 I logged during 2019
Had I not slacked off in mid May/early June and again in early November/mid December I didn't doubt I would have reached 2000 miles for the year........something to shoot for in 2020

Wednesday 12 Miles
Just as the old year ended the new one begun w/ another out and back 12 miler along the trusty Schuylkill Banks and Kelly Dr to just b4 the Colombia Bridge
Having gotten out a little later than planned I ended up finishing gone 5pm and ergo sans daylight not a big deal except for the fact ye olde fingers were numb long b4 I got home inspite of my thermal gloves.....how numb you ask? lets just say I needed a shower to warm my hands up b4 I could turn the light switch on my living room lamp.........damn my piss poor circulation!!!

Thursday 10 Miles
Two longest runs out of the way it was time for a pair of 10 milers bookending my return to the track on Saturday
Two days into the new year/new decade and my wafer thin good will to cyclists on my run is already shot.......seriously dude the last fecker that close to my arse was at least giving me a rectal exam what was your excuse?

Saturday Repeats
Having baulked at the last two attempts to get repeats in on a Saturday "third time's a charm" rang true this week
My splits were feck all to write home about muchless blog......but having been away from the track for repeats since Nov 2nd that was to be expected
Glass half full I have legit targets for next weeks mile,1,200m,1,000m,800m,600m,400mx4
Interesting anomaly .......FOG..... I could see the length of the straights and across the infield but it was a strange environment to conduct a run of any description,let alone repeats

Sun 10 Miles
An easy/recovery run if ever there was,my calves were a tad sore from Saturdays repeats but that was to be expected
Another brisk one out there along the river,upon returning home I checked the temperature online......42 degrees but feels like 32 degrees.....yeah no shit Sherlock!

So a return to basics to kick off the new year,I am eyeing up a return to mid 50s in a few weeks time{weather permitting} but this was what I needed to kick off the opening week of a new season

No comments: