"Confessions should be better planned alone that night I'm surely damned,run away I'll understand What's important is the evening I will not forget Purple, Blue,Orange,Red these Colours of feeling, give me love I'll put my heart in it and I think about it all the time Lights went out, you were fine you kinda struggle not to shine I still love you though I still love you always so hold me when I'm home keep the evenings long"
An Evening I Will Not Forget-Dermot Kennedy
Spoiler Alert,This blog entry contains zero running..............
It's Sunday afternoon and the remnants of the Nor'easter that have pounded us the last day and a half are still hanging around, not only did it banajax a long {or regular} run today it cancelled yesterdays race also, that coupled w/ fatigue on Wednesday,Thursday and Friday means zero miles for the week......as for the Nor'easter I recall Super Storm Sandy several years ago when yer man out reporting on it for the news said ....and I quote"when you're arguing w/ Mother Nature she always gets the final word"...... as for the fatigue I felt after the Dermot Kennedy show Tuesday evening and again on Thursday & Friday I'm aware of a comment my former coach made way back when " listen to what your body is telling ye?"
Wednesday marked nine months to the day I went back to work after 11 days off to go to Dublin last December, since then I haven't had a week off, there was a 4 day weekend around my trip to Kansas in June to see Amble and another earlier this month to see Biird in New York but that's it so asides from a well earned week off from work{I go back on Wednesday after going to New York again to catch another Irish band Florence Road on Monday} maybe it wasn't the worst thing in the world to take a week off from training, those things are seldom planned it's either injury/illness enforced or brought about by fatigue and or the weather,we'll see if I can coax myself to lace em up tomorrow b4 heading to NYC{if I don't I do know I'll get a shit load of steps in, my last 2 trips to,the Big Apple have yielded my best step totals so....} but also based on last three trips to NYC for gigs I'm fair bolloxed the next day so I don't foresee any miles being run on Tuesday, remains to be seen IF I can get up and get out Wednesday morning b4 going back to work.........Sunrise is 6,56am on Wednesday.......
While I whole heartedly endorse the decision to cancel yesterdays race period......much less that it was out and back along the Delaware River it does throw up the issue of one less medal for the year......which in the general scheme of things not a biggie.......however in the bigger picture if June 6th's Cork 1/2 marathon IS going to be #300 I'm going to have to find another race......the good news is I have nine months to do so
Final shout out to Dermot Kennedy, I only just discovered him and his music in March thanks to Today FM's 100 Greatest Irish Songs countdown, while those countdowns/lists are kinda subjective I was made aware of songs I mightn't have heard b4......case in point two Dermot Kennedy songs "Power Over Me" and "Giants"......the rest was history, after a deep dive of all his songs on Spotify I made a pair of playlists and when his new album "The Weight Of The Woods" was released I added them and made shur of getting tickets for his show in Philly last Wednesday......it truly was an evening I will not forget......even if I was absolutely bolloxed the following day!
Slan Go Faill


No comments:
Post a Comment