Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Judas Is Rising

"White bolts of lightning came out of nowhere,blinded the darkness created the storm
War in the heavens vengence ignited,torment and tempest attacks like a swarm
Forged out of flame from chaos to destiny,bringer of pain forever undying
Judas is rising"
Judas Rising-Judas Priest

Greetings sports fans and fellow metal maniacs,I'm back after a two week layoff to try and rid myself of this nagging tendon issue that doesn't want to go away.
To quote the always quotable Iron Maiden"the sands of time for me are running low"this Thursday gives me six weeks till my opening 800m race while Friday sees five weeks till I fly out to Lahti so I can ill afford anymore down time,I have a 800m race scheduled for Sunday so for the next few days I'm looking to get a little speed work under my belt.

Todays workout was 4x400 w/ 60 second recoveries,to be honest I had no expectation levels on what to expect from myself,I went:68.90,69.45,68.64,64.61.
I really didn't know what to expect of myself off of two weeks of inactivity,the true test will be what I can do when I come back tomorrow and repeat the workout.

5 comments:

dinklesnaps said...

Welcome back. I'm in a slump. Perhaps I should take 2 weeks off!

kevin f forde said...

careful what you ask for!!

Anonymous said...

Nothing This Year?

nclark said...

Were you able to run NJ? How did it go? I

dinklesnaps said...

Do you know who's running tonight at Plymouth-Whitemarsh?