Friday, June 26, 2009

Life's A Lemon And I Want My Money Back

This entry should've been written a week ago,the truth is I've had a hard time coming to terms w/ the fact that not only is my outdoor track season now shut down but also my dream of being World Champion has also been taken away from me.
Linford Christie once said and I quote"as an athlete you're always injured"and it's true but this tendon injury just refuses to go away,despite numerous treatments and lay offs I was bothered by it right after my last workout,that after I hadn't ran for two weeks,I realized then that to go to Lahti for Worlds was pointless,I'd missed 4 weeks of training,3 weeks where I couldn't run at all and 1 week of easy miles to get back into the swing of things.
I vividly remembered 08 Indoor Nationals when I was chronically undertrained,I said then I'd never go to a major c'ship that undertrained again and that was only three days in Boston,I couldn't see spending two weeks in Finland at less than my best.
There'll be other World Championships,right now I need to focus on getting my tendon 100% healthy,once that happens I'll begin to run again and start to get back into race shape.
I'll check in periodically to let you know how my recovery is going and what I'm up to.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Hang in there brother. From a fellow M45 800m runner. There will be another day.

Respectfully,

Rob

kevin said...

Rob,
thank you,that means a lot.