Sunday, June 28, 2009

Out Of The Silent Planet

Alright, after two weeks of several differing emotions,self doubt,self loathing,anger,apathy,denial you name it I'm ready to put it all behind me and start over.
I'm currently waiting for my cast boot to arrive,that was my option to deal w/ my tendon injury,the cortizone shot to me was a short term solution to a long term problem,it's akin to putting a band aid on a knife wound and a cast for three weeks was not an option,I had to do that on my left foot w/ my stress fracture 18 months ago,I couldn't do that again,at least w/ the boot I can take that off.
Once the boot gets here I can start my rehab,after two weeks of the boot I can begin physical therapy and we'll go from there,I've set no time limits on coming back,it'll be when it'll be,first and formost I have to get the tendon healthy,once that happens I'll resume running,I've missed just going out to run and I want to enjoy that b4 returning to training.
In lieu of my running I'm currently writing a music blog"For Those About To Rock" at http://fordekevinaol.blogspot.com
For those who doubt the "healing power of music"read my recent entry on "The Story Of Anvil" between that and watching the final day of the USATF C'ships from Oregon I've found the desire to pick myself up,dust myself off and get back to doing what I do best,long live rock and long live running.

No comments: