Monday, October 14, 2019

Hooah!!!! Part 1

Yes,another five day,fifty five mile week.......however a race tacted on at the end to make life interesting,as my Mother always taugh me you have to get through your Dinner b4 you can have Desert so let's get the "Meat & Potatos out of the way first b4 diving into.....{insert Desert of your own choice!!!}

Monday 13 Miles
No rest for the wicked,off the back of my 18 miler on Sunday a mere stretch of the legs..... Monday over 13 miles
As is my won't I prefer to get a Monday run under my belt but w/ a week set up to log 45 miles by Thursday and include a 8 mile Tempo run there was little to no "wiggle room" it was either 13 or 12 miles.....as is my won't in a race week I prefer to get the longer/longest run done asap,ergo the 13 on Monday
Only two items of note on this one,after a lenghty absence the temprature is back on Peco Tower,you could always rely on time and temp being displayed but for a while now the temprature hadn't shown up...it did on Monday and for the record it was 79 degrees
As I began the first section of the recent{ and by recent I mean a few years back} addition to the Schuylkill Bank South beyond South St bridge a Rat came up from the river bank and began to pace me ......for all of a few seconds b4  figuring"this fucker means business" and ducked back down towards the water.....
I've heard of being paced by " a Rabbit"......but a feckin Rat??

Tuesday 12 Miles
W/ back to back 12 milers on tap there felt a need to "mix it up a tad" so I opted for the road less travelled on Tuesdsay and went the Powelton Ave/W.River Dr route.
Have to say a lot less agravating than the traditional South St bridge/Schuylkill Banks/Kelly Dr route so maybe something to consider
Thanks to the Garmin I have all my mile markers from mile 2 to mile 6 marked out from earlier in the Summer so maybe heading into Fall/Winter I'll  opt for this route more often
Wildlife Update! not one but two Beavers? on W.River Dr just after Girade Ave bridge,I'd have thought the noise of the traffic along W.River Dr would've kept them on the river bank but there they were.......neither offer to pace me.....bastards!!

Wednesday 12 Miles
Jaysus!!! remember I said Monday was 79 degs{and bright sunshine too!}.....feckin Wednesday 55 degs grey and rainy.....welcome to Fall training peeps
W/ a race a few days away I wasn't about to play fast and loose w/ the conditions so swapped bandanna for running cap,short sleeves for 1/2 zip top and shorts for 3/4 length  bottoms
Now I know in recent entries I've been scathing of Cyclists but Pedestrians can be arseholes also.....
At the junction of Convention Ave and Spruce St {scene of a few close calls w/ dickheads on two wheels who blow through red lights} I witnessed this gem w/ my own two eyes.
The Traffic Aide is out in the middle of the street directing traffic,he steps to the curb as lights are about to turn green as car move...this dozzy bint who has stood on the curb the entire he was out there  now walks out into the oncomming traffic......I shake me head in disbelife that anyone could be that feckin stupid,I voice this to the Traffic Aide who replies"wow I thought it was just me???"
Not by a Country Mile my friend!!!!
Not so much a Wildlife Update but on the way down Cedar Ave I saw something dart behind a tree under a parked car.....passing said tree I see a Cat chasing a Squirrel w/ another Squirrel taking a run at said Cat......in the hour and forty mins that elapsed till I was on the inbound leg of Cedar Ave in the same spot I see one lone Squirrel gathering Nuts......no sign of his/her buddy.....or the Cat.....emm??!!!

Thursday 8 Mile Tempo Run
Sweet and merciful Jesus yesterdays weather was a one off and it was back to warm/warmer temps and sunny skies for my Tempo Run
All week I'd been getting done work at 2.30pm getting home by 3.30pm and out the door no later than 3.55pm and today was no different,obviously to conduct said Tempo Run I need to get to the Art Museum Loop,I was primed and ready to go by 4.30pm
Splits:6.33-6.48-6.40-6.49-6.45-6.39-6.41-6.18 for a 53.13.1 time off 6.39 mile pace
Splits were fairly consistent if not a little slower than I'd have liked but yet again all under 7 mins again
53.13.1 ranks as my #4 time this year granted last week when I ran my seasons best and second best times I was doing them fresh and not getting up at 4.45am so I can't be too harsh on myself for  being a little off that pace
Zero Wildlife activity to report I'm sorry to add......

No comments: