Friday, December 4, 2009

If At First.............

So much for returning to a Mon,Wed,Fri rotation this week!
Monday and Wednesday got rained out and a Tue/Thur schedule went the way of the ark when I discovered I'd left my warm ups at home on Tuesday,I may have thick skin but I have very thin blood and frankly indoor meet or no indoor meet this Sunday I wasn't playing chance w/ the potential for catching a chill w/out them.
So I arrived at Franklin Field on Thursday more than ready to "throw down" this was my last workout b4 Sundays 400m at Seton Hall to begin w/ and after the day I'd just had I was happy to be setting foot inside "The Death Zone" because at lunch time I felt I'd be setting foot inside a "cage match" at work....
W/out getting too far down the TMI Highway let's just say that if"B" ever talks to me the way he did at lunchtime again he'd best be wearing a protective cup if he does so!!!

A mild evening but I was taking no chances this close to a race,long sleeves and running tights were the order of the day, following my core strength stretches and mile warm up it was time "to let's get ready to rumble"..........so to speak!!!,seconds out,round 1
#1 600m,75,33-1.48.65.Emm not a rip roaring start by any means,75 is slow to open and over 6 x600m you don't really want to be firing off 33 second opening closing 200s
#2 600m,69,34-1.43.92.A leap of 5 seconds,so much for my previous weeks of consistent pacing,had I undone everything already after only 2 repeats??
#3 600m,72,35-1.47.25.Somewhat of a bench mark for my 600s,at last I felt I'd gotten my pacing right,could I maintain it?
#4 600m,75,33-1.48.82.In my previous 12 600m repeats I'd not had 1 75 second 400m split,now I'd ran 2 in the first 4 of tonites repeats.
#5 600m,74,34-1.48.25.I wasn't exactly up against the ropes but I was probably getting warned by the ref for holding{yes I know another fight reference,but you have NO idea how badly I wanted to kick "B"s arse at lunchtime!!!}
#6 600m,77,34-1.51.11.Well I knew my inconsistent pacing would come back to bite me in the arse sooner or later.
I hoped I'd come through 400m in no slower than 75 but 77 was too much to ask,glass half full at least I went down swinging at 1.51 and a 34 second closing 200m rather than mail it and run a 36/37 second 200.

Sure I'm disappointed not to notch another 6/6 sub 1.50 but w/ any failure to "do the business" comes a steely determination to nail it next time out,when that'll be remains to be seen.
I'm hoping to race at Haverford next Saturday and by racing at Seton Hall on Sunday means my rotation will be Tue/Thur and w/ that means I can hardly go balls to the wall on Thursday,chances are Tue will be 5x1,000m b4 some 400s on Thursday but that's a question for next week for now it's time to focus on Sundays 400m at Seton Hall.

No comments: