Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Keeps Getting Better

W/ the ink still drying on Sundays World Record and the smile on my face still beaming I went about my day still on a high,while I always hoped one day to set a World Record and don't think I ever stopped to think what that would actually feel like.
Seeing two articles on Ken Stone's Masterstrack Blog and on Pete McGill's "Younger Legs For Older Runners' was one thing,but then to see the comments both there and on my blog made me realize just what Scott,Bob,Nick and I had achieved.
At lunchtime I got an email from Andrew Wagaman from the Allentown Morning Call asking if I could call him for an article he was writing.....WOW!

For one I'm not accustomed to being interviewed,twice after my Hartshorne Masters Memorial Miles and also after my Masters Nationals 1,500m in Spokane last Summer so it was quite an honour to be asked by Andrew,why he picked me I don't know but he did so I answered his questions w/ all the honesty that I could,it was a brave move of Andrew to ask an Irishman to tell him what he though,anyone who knows me knows I'm not shy on giving my opinion,I hope when the article goes to print{tomorrow I think but don't quote me on that but I'll keep you posted}my answers come across as being honest.

I'll have one eye online tomorrow to see if the article has gone to print,and another on the weather,I'd really love to hit the track and train,it's been almost two weeks period plus I'd like to shift gears from 800m mode to 3,000m mode for Sunday,World Record or not I can't rest on my laurels as Sunday will go along way to getting me ready for next Thursday and the 2 miles at The Armory.

No comments: