Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Catch Up......I'm more of A HP Brown Sauce Guy Myself......

Ok so b4 I start to wax lyrical about the 800m and 1,500m at Nationals allow me to fill in the blanks between my last entry and then..........................
Following my last run on July 2nd I ended up taking a 12 day rest period in the all encompasing "week 9" grace period as I felt ran down both mentally and physically.
The less said about my July 14th mile at Ft Washington the better,hardly the moral boosting race I had hoped for and only a 4.51 mile to show for my efforts,a bad evening all round that had me not only questioning my chances of a podium finish at Nationals but also if I'f advance thro the prelims at Worlds........these were as the saying goes dark times......

An easy untimed 8 miler two days later helped lift the gloom a little but between low confidence, hot and humid conditions and a personal issue pulling me off my square I blew off my final repeat the weekend b4 Nationals.
I had to grind out a 5 miler on Sun July 19th in hot and humid conditions b4 back to back easy 4 milers on Mon July 20th and Tue July 21st.....I was NOT brimming w/ confidence when the alarm went off at 3am on Wednesday July 22nd as I made my way to Jacksonville,most years my minimum requirement for Nationals is to come away w/ 2 bronze medals.......this year I felt I'd be lucky to come away w/ a pair of bronze medals............

TO BE CONTINUED..........

No comments: