Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Carry On My Wayward Son.....

Now that I've gotten my head back on straight{still working on the heart.....but that as they say is another story!} it's back to business w/ ye olde blog.
Sunday I knocked out an easy 12 miler to try and add some respectability to my weekly milage at 29 mpw.....and now for the the taper heading into Worlds.....

Monday ended up being a rest day as post work I had to swing by "Piggy Post Office" to pick up my connector plugs for Worlds as I need to be able to plug in  my phone and Notebook while in London and Lyon.

Yesterday the plan was to hit the track post work at Temple's Geasey Field for what was billed as the first of my final six final repeats b4 getting on the plane to London next Friday enroute to Lyon and Worlds.
My first concern was my left calf,I felt I might've pulled or strained something waking up first thing Monday morning which has lead to "Captain Paranoia" on my shoulder since then telling me "damn man sucks to get an injury so close to Worlds" etc etc,I told the "Captain" in no uncertain terms to "shut up you tart!"
It's still a little tender to touch but thanks to regular doses of "Icy Hot" and doubling up on my leg sleeves I'm able to not only walk on it but run also.....even if yesterday at the track was short lived....

Granted the track is part of Temple's campus but classes don't begin till September right? so excuse me for feeling a tad aggrived when I was politly asked to vacate said track at 1,500m into my 5 lap warm up by campus security as a bunch of temple students were about to start running.
Can't be the track team Temple suspended their track programme about eighteen months ago so maybe it'd their football team....either way it looks like I'm screwed for midweek intervals either side of Worlds........
Glass half full my calf held up and upon returning home I went out and knocked out 5 miles out and back along the river/Schuylkill Banks.
I'm a tad miffed re Geasey Field being off limits,as far as Worlds go I've probably gotten all my speed work in,frankly I'm not going to much if any faster in the remaining two weeks b4 the 1,500m prelims.....however post Worlds and pre 5th Avenue Mile I'm looking at mid week hill repeats and Saturday track intervals,maybe by late October track access at Geasey Field won't be an issue on a week nite........

No comments: