Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sealed W/ A Glasgow Kiss



A double header....pun very much intended!!!
First up,Shock!Horror!!Probe!!!"Forde In Track Repeat Sensation"....I know I was shocked also!!!!
After a six week hiatus that was as much bad luck,bad weather w/ a little bad athlete thrown in I got my sorry behind over to Temple.....YES I still remember how to get there!!!
Rather than pussyfoot around w/ the new repeat 8x300,200,300 I went for the gusto and all eight,no point dipping ones toe in the shallow end when a full blooded deep end cannonball will surfice......Geronimo!!!

Despite a brief hiatus from all things interval I feel I did rather well period plus keeping all 32 repeats w/in the range I set.
In time ie when I get a few of these under my belt I'd like to shoot for sub 55-35-55 today being my debut I felt that was a tad rich even for my pagan blood,but 60-40-60 was too soft so some middle ground would work and I feel that's what I got.....along w/ another choice blister on one of my toes and a bandana and dri fit shirt drenched in sweat,trust me I earnt my 64 oz Double Gulp Gatorade post work.....oh thank heaven for 7-11 indeed!!!

At a time when my favourite time traveller is back on tv I did a little time travel of my own...w/out ther aid of Tardis....parking it on Spring Garden St would've been a bitch.......
The last time I saw the pride of East Kilbride Glasgow,the battlin' Reid brothers aka The Jesus & Mary Chain was in 1994 on the "Stoned & Dethroned" tour
Five years later they called it a day only to {semi}resolve their differences eight years later and return to touring but trust me the "sibling rivalry" is still simmering just below the surface,I love Oasis and the Black Crowes but neither band does bickering brothers like Jim and William Reid!!!
I was somewhat surprised post show that some people complained about the feedback and distortion.....hello this is the Jesus And Mary Chain who began their career playing 20 minute sets of nothing but feedback and distortion b4 storming off stage,at least we now get a 75 minute 17 song set list.

The music landscape has shifted somewhat since Jesus & Mary Chain first showed up almost 30 years ago,but the sold out crowd at Union Transfer on Saturday nite proved Jim and William Reid sre still relevant and in the day and age of boy bands and "bubble gum pop" music there's still a clamouring for guitar based angst fueled Scottish in your face rock and roll

2 comments:

Randy Shwini said...

Hello Mister Kevin,

Long time for no speak! I was "surfing" and realized it was a time for stopping into you blog. How have you been?

Things here in South Korea is great, I spent more time working and but my 5-kilometer has slowed in the 18-19 minutes again. After I run 17:48 it was great but now I am getting slowed down. Well, that is the life!

So I will write to you for a too reasons: for see what is new with your life and second. To let you know that a new diet. I eat live and active cultures (certify) every night with the pill. It is help my stomach lining and liners. My medical doctor recommends, and I recommends for you in addition. For take a look at a local market, for pills.

Great and talk to you soon.

Randy Shwini

kevin f forde said...

Randy,
long time no hear,sorry to hear work is getting in the way of your running,could be worse you could be like me and have no life outside of running!!!