Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A Rush Of Blood To The Head

So much for last nite being an easy run...........
Oh sure things started out easy enough,8 miler 77 degrees and sunny however a dark cloud in the form of Mexico's answer to Lance fuckin' Armstrong brought things to a abrupt head.
One of my pet peeves when running along either the Schuylkill Banks and or Kelly & West River Drives is these aresholes on their bikes who act like they're in a Tour De France Time Trial,I get your on a bike and you can go fast that's not the issue the issue is when you don't let people know you're about to pass them.
I don't have eyes in the back of my head so unless you tell me"on your right" "on your left" I have no idea your about to pass me......
"El Loco" zips by me at a rate of knots just missing me by a cunt hair{I apologize for the crude nature of my description but I don't know how else to explain how close he was to me} which solicited a "fuckin prick"!!! from yours truly.....I'm guessing he heard me as he glanced over his shoulder and smiled at me.......REALLY??????
The "red mist" decended and I began to speed up....not that I thought there was any chance of catching him but it was the principle of the matter.

Some three quarters of a mile later at the bike ramp off Market St along the Schuylkill  Banks who do I look up and see....."El Loco".......decision time...... A throw a right hander at his head as I passed and keep running? B just keep going w/out doing or saying anything??? or C stop and confront him which could potentially lead to a fist being thrown and his bike getting thrown into the Schuylkill?????
In running,as in life I went w/ Plan B and kept going,"don't do the crime if you can't do the time" hell yeah I wanted to punch the shit out of him for nearlt crashing into me but dealing w/ the potentially ramifications of my actions lead me to take a deep breath and keep going......in running as in life "live to fight another day" or not fight as the case maybe..........

No comments: