Friday, October 9, 2009

Little Acorns

After a five week hiatus from my bread and butter repeat 4x1mile it was time to revisit it and get reacquainted w/ it as I begin the stretch drive for indoor track season.
Despite the wind it was a glorious lunchtime to run,maybe I was too hasty putting my sleeveless running shirts away after all?

Mile#1,1.19,1.23,1.26,1.19-5.27.03.I had hoped to clock 1.20/5.20 lap/mile pace,perhaps a tad overly hopeful given how long I'd been away from this repeat.
Mile#2,1.20,1.24,1.23,1.18-5.25.68.Had I've gone for 5.25 pace I'd have been reasonably pleased at this point.
Mile #3,1.22,1.24,1.25,1.19-5.30.87.Clearly a "work in progress"I knew I couldn't come in today swinging for the fences{yes a baseball metaphor since it's playoff time!!!}but I was hoping for marginally better than this.
Mile#4,1.22,1.26,1.25,1.13-5.26.31.A reasonably decent finish,what I lacked physically today I felt I was able to compensate mentally,granted my splits don't reflect uber fast times but I knew to push mentally and sometimes that's the hardest thing to do,the faster splits will come w/ time.

This has been somewhat of a transitional week for me,after two weeks of scaling back to be race ready this week was about reintroducing myself to what I need to make routine,to that end a jaunt around the Art Museum Loop tomorrow....on foot,not bike,it was suggested to me last weekend post Syracuse that I need to get used to being on my feet for longer than I've been doing recently so we'll see how that plays out for me.

No comments: