Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I Didn't Say I Was Russian.....I Said I Was In A Hurry

"Hey little god w/ your foot on the pedal hands on the wheel staring out through the windshield
Hair streaking back w/ the wind like a raven over your shoulder all is forgotten
Under the rubber the road is afire sweat on your body and rust on the chromium
One motivation,a single desire keep on the move don't let anyone near you
Here comes confession time the ghost of my past on my shoulder now this is confession time for me
Here comes confession time the ghost of all the years has tracked me down it's confession time for me"

Confession Time-Terri Nunn


Never let it be said you don't get your moneys worth on my blog not one but two smoking hot chicks the love/lust of my live Darya Klishina and Terri Nunn.....what can I can"more bang for your buck".....maybe another smouldering photo of my fav Russian long jumper and the word bang shouldn't go together but what the hell we're all adults here right??!!


So here's my confession,for the past few weeks I've been nursing a tender left achilles,as some of you may know it was my right achilles that gave out on me in the 09 season and wrecked my hopes of not only going to Worlds but also being a potential World Champion,anyway for the past few weeks my left achilles has been a little tender,I opted to keep stoum on the issue{no point letting my rivals know I wasn't 100%} and "baby" it I've been able to run on it and train but my bigger concern was correcting the issue b4 it became "season threatening"I plan very much on not only running an outdoor season but also competing at Outdoor Nationals in Lisle Illinois in 20 weeks time.


Made an appointment w/ my foot doctor this afternoon who upon examination is sending me for a MRI on Friday to determine the exact nature of the injury,if it's a tear I'll need physical therapy if it's not torn I'll undergo shock wave treatment eitherway I'm sidelined for a few days till we get the results,I'd rather sit now and get healthy so I can reload for the outdoor season than keep ploughing on and potentially ruin not only the entire outdoor season but scupper Outdoor Nationals which I'm chomping at the bit to compete in over 800m and 1,500m a la my "golden years" of Orno 07 and Spokane 08.


No comments: