Friday, March 23, 2012

Who Says You Can't Come Home Again?

I haven't competed at an Indoor Mid Atlantic C'ships since Ursinus in 08,my debut in Masters track was in 05 at Swarthmore b4 running the Mid Atlantic Indoor C'ships at Ursinus several weeks later.

I skipped the 06 C'ships in Lehigh b4 running at Ursinus in 07,sadly I got sick there which ultimately scuppered my chances at Indoor Nationals in Boston,when I got sick again at Ursinus again the following year I said that was it for me at Ursinus,once you can chalk up as bad luck,twice just sucks!!!
The 09 Mid Atlantic c'ships were also held at Ursinus,the same day that the Armory hosted the Mac C'ships.....pretty much a no brainer,2010 saw them move to Glen Mills......I've gone on record as saying there aren't enough zeros on that cheque to get me to run at Glen Mills so that wasn't happening and last year when they were held at Delaware I passed on the opportunity as I wanted to get into Outdoor mode.

It will seem strange stepping back into the arena of Mid Atlantic C'ships after a 4 year hiatus but things have changed and maybe I owe it to myself to compete in my regional c'ships,it remains to be seen if this summer sees me end a four year holdout on the Outdoor Championships but one race at a time,let's see what Sunday yields first?

No comments: