Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Return Of Sir Mixalot

I said on Tuesday that in all likelihood yesterday would be a washout due to the rain and that was pretty much how it played out.
One plus was getting some chores done including knocking out an impromptu mix tape for someone at work,in the day and age of ipods and mp3's the mix tape has become like the Rubix cube but while I'm not looking to single handily keep the art of the mix tape alive I'm more than happy to keep knocking them out,I'm on volume four of "No Parking On The Dance Floor" my homage to Land Of The Lost and Sex Dwarf but I took a brake to make "Say It W/ Flowers".....it's a long story.........

The Sweetest Girl-Scritti Politti
Don't Leave Me This Way-Communards
At Night-The Cure
The Damned Don't Cry-Visage
Victims-Culture Club
Belfast Child-Simple Minds
Missing Persons-Go West
In Your Eyes- Peter Gabriel
To Look At You-Inxs
Is Your Love Strong Enough?-Bryan Ferry
Bullet Proof Soul-Sade
Do You Believe In Shame?-Duran Duran
Children's Crusade-Sting
Breathe-Maria McKee
Stripped-Depeche Mode
All Cried Out-Alison Moyet
Steppin' Out-Joe Jackson.

It's a pretty mellow mix and if Kat enjoys listening to it half as much as I enjoyed making it I'll have made a good mix tape.

No comments: