Monday, March 26, 2012

My Weekend,Presented In Dolby Surround Sound

Or life after Indoor Nationals.
Friday had my MRI on my left achilles,I'd never had a MRI done b4 so that was a new experience I can see why people get unhinged having to go into the MRI chamber if they are claustrophobic,luckily for me I'm not and I was only in it upto my chest,at least I got a half hour nap out of the deal!!!the older I get the more"about the nap"I find myself becoming.....Precious has become a good influence on me!!!!

Saturday no early morning run so I copped the Chelski Spurs game on ESPN 2,seldom a happy hunting ground for us at Stamford Bridge we haven't won there since 1990 I'd have willing taken a point b4 kick off at 8.45am.
Come full time 90 mins later w/ the score at 0.0 I felt we had created the better chances over 90 minutes and could feel hard done by leaving South West London w/ only one point not all three,still we keep a five point cushion between ourselves and Chelski for that final Champions League spot and my mother and I remain on speaking terms as she supports the blues and I followed my fathers lead and chose the Lillywhites as my team.

Saturday evening a show at World Cafe Live w/ Thomas Dolby.
I hadn't seen Thomas Dolby in almost 30 years(a record for the length of time in between shows)since a small club gig back in Croydon South East London in Dec 82 after his debut album had produced two hit singles "Europa & The Pirate Twins" and "Windpower"
There were half a dozen Land Of The Lost/Sex Dwarf regulars on hand for the entertaining show,a nice mix of old songs and a few new songs off "Map Of The Floating City" Dolby's first cd in 20 years.
Would've loved to have heard "Windpower" but it didn't make the set list but "She Blinded Me W/ Science" and "Hyperactive" his most recognisable hits did.

Sunday easy victory in the mile at the Mid Atlantic C'ships at the University Of Delaware,only 4 of us in our heat as they kept the 50 plus runners in one heat and the sub 50 in another.
After 100m I realized the leader wasn't going to take it out hard so I took over and went through 200m in 38 seconds and 400m 1.14.
2.25 at the half all I had to do was stay upright for the final 4 laps to claim a second Mid Atlantic C'ship mile title since 07.
2 laps from home I saw the blue and red of my team mate Andy Shearer pushing me hard,had I known pre race Andy was looking to go sub 5 I would've worked w/ him as it turned out I had a hollow 5.00.4 victory to his 5.02. runners up spot,he did coast to victory in the 3,000m three hours later.

No comments: