Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Vacation

As of 3.40pm this afternoon I am a gentleman of leisure untill 6.30am Tuesday Oct 6th.
It's been over a year since I last took a vacation so I think I'm due,taking off Fridays since the end of July has helped but I am looking forward to some down time over the next week and a half.
I'm heading upto New York tomorrow,somewhat of a three pronged attack,U2 at Giants Stadium tomorrow nite,5th Avenue Mile Saturday and a long weekend in "The Big Apple" w/ my mother,my sister and brother in law.
My mother has never been to New York so I'm keen to show her the sights of the city I consider my"home away from home"it's seldom I get the bonus of family support in my races,the Athens Marathon in 05 being the last time Eileen got to see me run so I'd like to give her a performance to remember,sadly my achilles injury this summer has probably compromized my chances of a "threepeat" after my victories in 07 and 08 but having won this race twice in the last two years and ran it the year b4 I know what it takes to master 5th Avenue between 80th and 60th streets so we'll see what unfolds.
Since I'm sans laptop or blackberry there'll be no blog untill I get home Tuesday nite or Wednesday afternoon at which point I'll try and fill you all in w/ an account of how it all went,but for now I'm gonna kick back,relax and enjoy NOT having to get up at 5.35am in the morning for the next 12 days.

4 comments:

dinklesnaps said...

Good luck and enjoy vacation with family.

kevin f forde said...

Thanks

nyflygirl said...

looks like you did three-peat-congrats!!

(i was actually out watching during your heat!)

kevin f forde said...

Thanks,I would've liked to have won the 40-49 outright but coming off the injury I knew those 8 weeks lost would hinder that,I always said if I could win the 45-49 age group that'd be something,what can I say running in NYC always gets me pumped up,not so much a native New Yorker,more of an adopted New Yorker!!