Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day

And so,this less than glorious summer has come to an end,a summer of firsts for me,my first summer since 05 there was no Outdoor Masters Nationals,my first summer since 05 w/out track meets at Plymouth Whitemarsh,my first summer since 04 I didn't run the Wisahickon Wanderers meet,the first year since 04 no hill repeats at Belmont......and the list goes on......
On a more positive note it was the first summer in eons I rode a bike which leads nicely into today's 28 miler along West River Drive this afternoon.

Since "junk miles" are no longer an option and a shake out run after yesterdays track meet wasn't doable I went w/ an easy 28 mile ride....a shake out ride if you like,since I have physical therapy Tuesday,Thursday I couldn't switch up my track rotation to Tue,Thur,Sat.
One plus of an easy 28 mile bike ride,it allowed me time to map out my two workouts on the track Wednesday and Friday,in and out 400s Wed,5x1,000m Friday b4 a 36 miler on the bike on Saturday.

I'm closing in on the half way point of phase two of my training,it was clearly evident yesterday that there's a real "need for speed" that hopefully will develop over the coming weeks as fall morphs into winter and the indoor season kicks off.

No comments: