Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Not So Jolly Roger

The best laid plans of mice and men they say.....I arrived at Franklin Field to discover the track was off limits due to Lacrosse practice on the infield,glass half empty I need to switch up my rotation this week to either Tue,Thur,Sat,or pull a back to back at some point this week,glass half full I got home earlier than usual on a Monday and caught most of the US Open mens final.

Props to Del Potro for beating Nadal and Federer to win the final slam of the year,no mean feat,ditto to Kim Clijsters beating Venus and Serena to reach the finals,yeah I was rooting for Caroline Wozniacki who along w/ Flavia Pennetta became my new favourite players on the womens tour.
I think next year a long overdue return to Flushing Meadows for the US Open in on the cards,I thought about it last year and never followed through,ditto this year during Wimbledon when I thought about it but again a bit like my backhand....no follow through....anyways next year for sure I want to go.

One final foot fault.......sorry foot note while watching the Women's final at 9pm on Sunday nite I was transported back in time to my old bedroom in the house I lived in Abbotshall Road in the late 70s,due to the time difference from New York to London{add 5 hours} I would have to sit up till 11pm,sometimes 12am to listen to updates on radio 2 at the top of the hour,in those days getting to bed gone midnite wasn't so big a deal,I didn't have to be up till 7am to go to school,fast forward 30 some years and 11pm is pushing it when the alarm goes off at 5am to be at work by 6.30am.

No comments: