Sunday, September 13, 2009

That's All

A wise man once told me and I quote"you can do anything you want in this life,you just have to be prepared to pay the price that goes w/ it"sage advice if ever I heard any.
Following Friday's heroics or foolishness depending on your opinion of my choice to conduct my 5x1,000m repeats in the wind and the rain I jumped on the bike w/ the intention of riding 36 miles back and forth along W.River Drive,however b4 I got to the end of my third of four out and backs I opted to call it a day,my legs were shot and the schlacking I took Friday lunchtime had taken it's toll on me.
I finished the week w/ 9 miles on the track{only 2 repeats Wed & Fri}and 56 on the bike,now that I'm done w/ Physical Therapy I may get the run,ride,run,ride,run,ride schedule I first touted back in mid July when I first got my bike prior to my return to running.

First off let me thank the rehab staff at Jefferson for all there help,especially Allison who was my primary therapist,over the past nine weeks she was instrumental in my recovery,the fact she was a runner probably helped her understand my need and desire to be back running again and we worked together to make that happen.

For this week at least the run,ride,run,ride,run,ride schedule looks like this,Mon in and out 400s,Tue 20 miles,Wed 5x1,000m.Thur 20 miles,Fri 4x1mile,Sat 36 miles,it remains to be seen if that goes off w/out a hitch,hopefully the rain that has blighted the closing stages of the US Open is gone and we can enjoy the men's semis and final plus women's final,a year b4 I began running I picked up my first ever tennis racquet and swung it in anger,b4 Eamonn Coghlan my first hero was Jimmy Conners,that gutsy all out never say die,fight till the last point is won attitude is one I've tried to carry in whatever I've done in life,if there's one plus of a rain delay at Flushing Meadows it's watching the 01 4th round match vs Arron Krickstein, a 39 year old Conners scrapping his way to the semis that year,it never gets old.....unless you're Arron Krickstein I guess!!

No comments: