Saturday, September 5, 2009

Pre Race Anxiety

"Can't you hear my heartbeat?hear the way it sounds?can't you hear my heartbeat?y'hear the way it pounds?just give me something to slow it down,yeah
Sometimes in the city,sometimes in my car,I pound on the windows like a bee inside a jar
Anxiety,got me on the run.
Anxiety Pat Benatar

For the second time in two years I'm heading to Langley Virginia for the season ending Potomac Valley Games,the curtain call on the outdoor track season.
Unlike two years ago when I came in to this meet on the back of my breakout Masters Nationals performance in Orono Maine this year I come in w/ a mere 6 weeks of training under my belt after my achilles tendon injury derailed my 09 outdoor season to the point where tomorrow will be only my fourth outdoor meet since the Germantown Friends meet back on April 11th and what turned out to be my last meet at Haverford on May 11th.

Who knows what to expect tomorrow?for the rest of the field it's the end of a long summer for me it's a chance to see where I'm at off of my 6 weeks of training and where I'm at heading into the fall w/ 5th Avenue Mile and Masters 5k C'ships looming on the horizon in 3 and 4 weeks time,one thing's for sure when that gun goes off at 11am tomorrow for the mile I'm gonna be ready,afterall I've waited all summer for a chance to race.

No comments: