Thursday, September 4, 2014

Punk's Not Dead.......But It Does Have A Nice 401K These Days.......

It's amazing the difference 6 degrees makes,after the sauna like conditions of Tuesday at 90 degrees yesterdays 84 degrees felt considerably cooler as logged another 6 miler out and back along the Schuylkill Banks making the turnaround at Lloyd Hall at the start of Kelly Drive.
It'll be interesting to see how the temps come down as the numbers on the calendar go up in September,I noticed on Tuesday nite I have to turn the living room lite on around 7.30pm and by 7.55pm it was pitch black outside already,how quickly the evenings have drawn in already.

Not much to report from the run,fairly bog standard,no pissing contests,no Geese attacks,no slaggging of pedestrians or motorists so I must be serious about saving all my energies for next Saturday!!!
So for the past week and a half I've been taking full advantage of the weather and sitting out on the lawn in front of the hospital on my lunch hour and jammin' to my music instead of sitting in the lobby being subjected to "muzak" from the Piano.....

For as long as I've been here at the hospital{15 years on Sept 20th} there's been a piano in the lobby,sometime last year some jobsworth  hooked up said joanna to a cd player that played piano versions of songs at first it was a novelty but after a while an annoyance,maybe enough peeps filed a protest and a cease and desist complaint as it stopped and being able to nap in the lobby became a rite of passage.......untill a few weeks ago when the dreaded "muzak" returned!!!!!
For a day ot two it seemed like a nice change of pace but by day three of the same fackin tunes{seriously how often can I hear a piano version of "My Heart Will Go On" and "Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay"???!!}I said enough is enough and returned to the lawn,granted the wooden benches aren't as  comfy as the sofas in the lobby I now at least tend to stay awake to listen to my lunchtime tunes
Last week was a tip of the hat to Celtic Rock as U2,Big Country,The Alarm, and Simple Minds after my recent Echo & The Bunnymen gig ruled the roost and this week I returned to my punk roots w/ The Stranglers,Stiff Little Fingers,The Clash so far providing the soundtrack to my "lunch on the lawn" w/ The Damned and The Jam to get me though today and tomorrow......old punks never die....we just traded in our leather jackets and mohawks for   the corporate world,sell outs or buying into the dream?....your call!!!

No comments: