Thursday, March 13, 2008

Seeing Double

While I openly welcome Daylight Savings w/ both arms,did it have to be this weekend?Already sleep deprived from the New York/Ursinus double the last thing I needed was an hours less sleep,I,m sure I,ll feel differently as the week progresses and my evening workouts are compleated in daylight but for now crawling out from under the comforter at officially 9am,technically 10am was not high up on my things to give thanks for.
Semi sleep deprived and semi grouchy from the events of Ursinus it was all I could do to get off the futon get dressed and run,rare that I hurt my hand patting myself on the back but I was proud of myself for getting out there and putting in three miles,w/ that taken care of I could look forward to the other business of the day.............................or so I thought!!!!!!
Such was my frustration when I got home yesterday that I didn,t touch base w/ GP,to be fair I didn,t want to talk w/ anybody it wasn,t a matter of ducking my coach cos I,d ran a bad race,anyway when we finally caught up w/ each other late afternoon GP asked if I,d ran this morning,I was quiet pleased to say"yes I went out and ran 3 miles"especially as I didn,t want to run at all but like all good coaches they want to get the best out of their athletes,so I was dispatched to Clark Park again for a second three miler.
I was told I could curse him out all I liked while doing so,it never came to that,just like the other week when I,d bombed on the track on my 3x1,200m the nite b4 and didn,t want to run the next day GP convinced me otherwise and I felt I benefited from that nudge in the right direction so it was back on w/ my running gear and back out the door to run another 3 miles,nobody ever said getting ready for Indoor Nationals off an abbreviated season was going to be easy!!!

No comments: