Thursday, March 13, 2008

Running Free

W/ only two weeks of really hard workouts left b4 Indoor Nationals it was important to jump start my week.
In keeping w/ recent weeks GP had me begin the week w/ a 7 miler,I must confess the more often I,ve ran 14 loops of Clark Park the easier it,s gotten.......also it,s good practise for the 3,000m indoors at 15 laps.
Continuing where I left off yesterday I sellected Iron Maiden as my music du jour,and why not it is afterall when I came up w/ the name for my blog.
A funny thing about the song"Running Free",it,s not particularly one of my fav Maiden songs,for that we,d be talking "Fear Of The Dark"especially the live version but obviously the title and the fact I,m a huge Maiden fan made naming my blog after it a no brainer
So there I am 6 laps into my 14 laps and the live version of "Running Free" pops up on my ipod it,s almost 9 mins long w/ Bruce Dickenson really getting the crowd into it,I,ve said numerous times in my life often a live version of what was orginally an ok album/cd track can transform a song into something else,this evening proves that point once again and by the time the final track of disc 2 of"The Essential Iron Maiden" has faded out I,m all done my 7 miler,7 miles and full of smiles, a nice way to kick off the week.

No comments: