Friday, March 28, 2008

Your Time Is Now

W/ my bag packed and my plane ticket in hand I,ll be out the door to Boston in an hour on my way to Indoor Nationals,something that didn,t seem possible 2 weeks ago,muchless 14 weeks ago when I limped off the track in Maryland w/ a stress fracture.
It,s been a long and at times exasperating build up,my lack of blog updates since March 17th was not a result of overdoing it on St Paddys Day,more a question of if I,d even bother going to Boston,w/out going into too much detail lets just say my demons have been locked away and the old adage about life,lemoms and lemonade rings true!!!!
When I step on that track this afternoon for the 3,000m it,ll be a result of God,s grace and GP,s insistance,they never gave up on me when at times I,d given up on myself,Monday was the first day I felt I ran w/ some desire and purpose in weeks and at long last I felt my heart was into this,I thrive off of emotion,be it good or bad,for a few weeks I felt like my heart wasn,t in it which probably accounted for some of my problems,hindsight is a wonderful thing but I look back to that ill fated back to back schedule at The Armory and Ursinus on March 7th and 8th as the catalyst of my recent woes.
Again w/out going into too much detail what,s done is done,all negatives have been banished from my mind{except the hope of negative splits!!!}what I may lack in my physical form I hope to make up for w/ my heart,courage,determination and if need be sheer bloody mindedness,the goal going into Indoor Nationals was to lower my pr in the 3,000m 9.35 and in doing so hopefully lower the club record 9.25,a bronze in the 800m would feel like a gold{last year it actually was!!!}all things considered,in both races I,ll have my work cut out for me but if I didn,t think I could do it I wouldn,t be going and that mindset is a compleat 360 from 2 weeks ago when I just felt like I was going through the motions and spinning my wheels.
It remains to be seen what this weekend has in store for me,right now my focus is on the 3,000m once I,ve ran that this evening I,ll start to get my head around the 800m on Sunday and come Monday I hope to sit down and account for my weekend pr/club record/bronze or not,much has happened recently some of which I can explain some of which I can,t but ever the poster child for a lyrical quote I,ll leave you w/ this from Oasis,s "Lord Don,t Slow me Down''
"It,s alright don,t be afraid,you,ve gotta keep dreaming in the bed you,ve made"
Slainte

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

My thoughts will be with you this weekend. I hope Boston treats you well. More importantly, I hope you treat yourself well! Enjoy.